Insightful Discourse with PentixaPharm on the ongoing Crisis & their Post-Pandemic strategies
PentixaPharm is committed to developing the innovative theranostic pair PentixaFor and PentixaTher. PentixaFor and PentixaTher are two-small peptide-based radiopharmaceuticals, which specifically target the CXCR4-receptor expressed in most fast progressing diseases, such as hematological and solid cancers as well as cardiovascular malignancies.
Inkwood: What are the products/pipelines under development at PentixaPharm currently?
- PentixaFor imaging for detection and localization of CXCR4-positive tumors
- PentixaTher as a therapeutic treatment for CNSL patients
Inkwood: What is the anticipated timeline for commercialization?
- We are planning to commerce the radiopharmaceuticals in 2023.
Inkwood: What are the promising greenfield areas in which you see the development of Radiopharmaceuticals?
- Benefit for patients with CNSL à increase quality of life
- Benefit for clinics à better and more information about tumors
Inkwood: Has the COVID-19 situation affected the progress of your company? If yes, what are the corrective steps you have taken?
- No, not yet. We have identified potential risks for our development program if the situation continues.
Inkwood: What advice would you give a start-up in the healthcare space to cope with the current crisis?
- Identify the potential risks which may affect your start-up in the next 12 months and monitor them closely.
- Keep an eye on your cash flow: Do and pay invoices as little as possible, but as much as necessary.
Inkwood: In what manner does being located in Germany offer an advantage?
- Germany has managed the crises pretty well so far and offers subsidies for companies in need of all sizes.
Inkwood: Do you see any new lines of research/products emerging out of the current healthcare crisis?
- Research and development of serum.